Sorry for the delay in posting the final part.

Thanks to Iolanthe for her usual wonderful contribution in betaing this fic. Thanks also to MozartMaid for checking the final part.

Here's the recipe for Butter Chicken.

I got it from the internet originally, but I can't find it again to give proper credit. I have adjusted it over time, so it's no longer in it original form.

Butter Chicken

Serves 4.

Olive oil
1 green onion
1 white onion
2 tablespoons of butter
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1-2 cm nub of ginger, peeled
3-4 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon garam masala (recipes for garam masala spice can be found on the internet. Most involve heating/preparing a large amount and keeping for next time. I'm rarely that organised so I grind together coriander seeds, cumin, black peppercorns, cardamom, dry ginger, cloves, cinnamon, and bay leaves. I don't bother too much with accurate measurements, but the coriander seeds should be 2-3 times more than the cumin and pepper. The cloves and cinnamon should be a bit less than the cumin and pepper. Alternatively, you can buy garam masala already prepared.)

1 red/green chilli, ground or finely chopped. (As a general rule, I add 1 chilli for every 2 people eating. My chillies are home-grown and smaller than usual - about 4-5cm long. Adjust according to your own taste preferences.)

1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 bay leaf
¼ cup yoghurt (Natural or greek - whichever happens to be in the fridge.)
½ cup cream
½ cup milk
1 cup tomato paste or puree
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper

CHICKEN
Olive oil
500 grams breast/thigh chicken, cubed
1 teas garam masala
Pinch of cayenne pepper
¼ teas fenugreek seeds, ground
¼ cup cashews, finely ground
¼ cup water

METHOD
Heat oil over medium heat.
Sauté finely chopped onions.
Stir in butter, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, garam masala, chilli, cumin, bay leaf. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
Add tom paste/puree and cook 2 minutes.
Stir in cream, milk, yoghurt.
Reduce heat to low, simmer for 10 mins, stirring.
In a separate pan, heat oil over medium heat.
Cube chicken and cook in second pan until lightly browned
Reduce heat, season with garam masala and cayenne pepper
Stir in a few spoonfuls of sauce, simmer until liquid has reduced, and chicken is no longer pink.
Stir cooked chicken into sauce
Mix together cashews, fenugreek seeds, and water, stir into sauce. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until thickened.

Serve with rice or bread (naan, roti).

Enjoy!

Thanks to everyone who read and commented on this fic.

Corrina.