She hoped that Mike would be there.
Aww...someone has a crush!

but, she was very mature for her eleven years.
So, she's the spitting image of Lois then.

Lara piped up, “Yeah, you’d be surprised just how fast the trip goes with both of them taking turns.”
I'll bet! wink

I like spending time with Uncle Wayne.
Awww!

With a grin, she replied, “Sure, the way you miss a toothache after the dentist has fixed it.”
clap

but, he was asking all of these questions and about Ultra Woman, her Mom no less.
So, none of her girlfriends have remarked on Superman's outfit to her? Cause at 11, *I* was *certainly* drawn to how delicious it was on him.

I just don’t want to be pushed around too much and I will be if everybody thinks I’m a push over.
Kid with new glasses? Yup, he's going to be picked on...

Hattie said, “Nah, we aren’t there yet. That’s high school. This is only middle school.”
Ha! Got to agree there! (Even if I didn't have a middle school.)

“Look out four eyes,” and Jon almost fell into his open locker.
Thhhhhhere it is!

<Oh boy! Bud doesn’t know what he’s in for.>
Jon, meet your new crush. laugh

Hattie laughed and said, “I think he’s had enough. You can let him go.”
clap Also, waiting for them to get sent to the principal's office on the first day of school.

“You think you’re tough, don’t you. The two of you managed to get the best of me, well; It’s time to pay you back.”
<gives Bud all of five seconds to remain standing>

Jon chuckled at this. He hadn’t thought of them as partners.
<thinks of Perry - "Lois Lane, Clark Kent.">

“Okay, all of you, to the office. I’m calling all of your parents.”
Theeeeere it is!

Kaplin and Kent, not as good as Batman and Robin or Superman and Ultra Woman, but, it’ll do.
clap

Fun story! Poor Jon and Hattie, getting in trouble the first day back. That must be a record!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon