Originally posted by angelsgmaw:
Question for readers:

Do you think 3,000 orchids were too many?
Since most commerical orchids aren't harvested but grown in hothouses, would harvesting so many at once from the wild... a) be possible? and b) be enviromentally friendly?

My thoughts were, First Presby Church in Metropolis is near cathedral in size.
How is cathedral in size a "small wedding" again? clap When I think small wedding, I think something like mine where we invited 50 people, but not all of them showed.

In my opinion if Metropolis is an old city like NYC, it would have churches of all different size, shapes, and denominations. Does "first" in "first Presby" refer to a type of religion or that it was the first Presby in town or first as in largest?

Lois is not a church person. She loved the picture of Jesus holding the lamb, but the rest of the front of the church would not mean much to her. SO, because she has use of Superman's floral services she would figure a way to cover the rest of the front of the church leaving only the stained glass window showing. To be able to build a flower-based front of the church that massive would take a lot of ferns and to decorate those ferns with orchids would take more than the normal amount.
See, I didn't catch that when they were talking about the flowers. I thought he was covering the walkway, like many people do with rose petals. Covering the entire front of a church, especially a big "cathedral-sized" church, with flowers would seem excessive to me. If the window was in one of the smaller alcoves or chapels, the space would be much smaller, especially if the flowers were placed inside the church as opposed to outside. (I'm not familiar with First Presby churches and whether or not they have smaller chapels inside as some Catholic churches and cathedrals would.)

Still too over-the-top?
I would think so, but I'm not really an extravagant person.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.