Yvonne, I'd gotten a few parts behind in your story, but I'm all caught up now, and I just love it. Although I certainly can't figure out how to get a happy ending out of it - not happy for everyone, anyway...

I tend to be one of those "tireless defenders of Clark" people, but as a (over-protective) mother, I was most annoyed with him for leaving Jon alone, even if he thought it would only be for a moment. Even though he was feeling better, he knew he wasn't up to par yet - otherwise he would have been back at work - so why would he assume that the rescue would go exactly as he would expect? He obviously wasn't thinking.

Actually, under the circumstances, I think Lois took it remarkably well. Take her concern and fear when she saw his problems with the rescue, and add to it her anger at him for leaving the baby alone (even though she had learned immediately that Jon was fine)...I'd say she's mellowed. wink

Of course I love the way that they don't stay mad at each other but that they work together to solve their problems.

And even after reading all these parts I hadn't even picked up on the idea that since one L&C could have a baby together, why can't ours? Duh...

Looking forward to more, whenever you're ready.

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5