It sounds like the man in the bathtub was the Native American medicine man that Henderson mentioned back at the museum. I don't understand why Clark didn't see him when he x-rayed the room. If he had seen the objects that the man had brought with him, he certainly should have seen the man as well, unless he couldn't be seen with x-ray vision, and well, wouldn't that make him more of a ghost than this man seems? Unless of course the bathtub was lined with lead.

"And this is Mr. Kent, I presume." It was not a question.
Does the kind stranger know about Clark's other job?

Clark frowned slightly. "Where would that be?"
Um... the crypt?

"Somehow, I'm starting to wish I was in Kansas right now, even with your Kansas oceans and Kansas sea gulls. I think all this creepy stuff is starting to get to me. I'd like a nice, straightforward, honest Corn Festival, with lots of handsome, corn fed farm boys to ogle instead of blood-drained bodies and vampires in the dark. A nice sunny day in Kansas is looking awfully attractive at the moment." She straightened her shoulders. "But, we've got a gang of smugglers to bring down, so let's get cracking."
My, my, Lois, are you trying to flirt with Clark? Telling him he's handsome. Complimenting his hometown. He's going to start thinking you like him or something. laugh

"No. I just need to empty the sand out of my shoes. Mind if I lean against you?"

Her partner's teeth flashed in a grin. "Never," he said. "Lean away."
Oh, Clark, you're so easy.

"Now, he added, "Where is the nearest pay phone? You notice I'm relying on your expertise."
/Psst. You're missing a closing quote mark there./

Clark hesitated, and then nodded. "You're right. Like our friend back there said, time is of the essence. I don't suppose your friend Harvey would loan you a car or something."

Lois put down the receiver. "Clark, you're a genius!"
Lois, the reporter, who knows guys who knows guys. clap Well, that's one way to get away from the Metro cabbies.

"It wasn't my fault that that drug kingpin in Suicide Slum had his goons blow it up.
Really, Lois?

So, what's next?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.