Thanks, guys! I really appreciate the comments! You guys (along with the very nice people in the local Doc Marten's shop) are going a very long way towards restoring my faith in human nature!

Hazel said:

Maybe I'm completely wrong here, but... Isn't the woman at the adoption agency, the one on the show who told Lois she jangled from the jaws of death, also called Roberts? And if I'm right, was that coincidence of deliberate?
If the adoption woman is called Roberts, I have to admit that it is entirely coincidental (which is bizarre, given that I took quite a lot of trouble to include the names of people who did appear in the series elsewhere.)

Your CJ's attitude with Lois is the same delicious one we all fell in love with with S1 Clark: shy, hopeful, with just the right touches. Give us more, soon!
Aw, shucks! blush You're making me blush! You're also making me laugh

Tank said:

Well you seem to have managed to delay 'the conversation' for yet another part. Have you been taking lessons from Wendy? (or perhaps Wendy learned it from you?)
Neither, actually. smile

Anyway, it was a nice way to have all your gentle readers drooling in anticipation for the next part. Which will be posted....when?
I was thinking of Thursday. Does that sound good?

LabRat, Tricia, Metwin1, KathyM, James, Maria, Nan and Xanabee: thanks for your feedback too. Do you know how reassuring it is to see that people are laughing in the right places?

Chris