Originally posted by L:

I think this is a brilliant story -
That said, I don't buy her thinking Superman was his brother. Every other thing that Clark's said in his letter and his mutterings indicates that Superman is a fake, Luthors responsible and Clark has been robbed of his identity.
I agree. I found that really hard to swallow as well: it just makes Lois too stupid, as it seems to be the result of some rather convoluted and contorted (contrived?) thinking. I'm also left wondering what happened to the big anvil that Clark dropped so brilliantly with regards to the globe and the Fortress of Solitude. Lois didn't seem to miss those hints after Jimmy explained them, but now is suffering from selective amnesia or something?

Otherwise I've really enjoyed the carefully handled limited perspective, suspense, angst and cleverness of this story.

And, despite my reservations, I'm willing to bide my time and see if you can make this latest twist work with the story by making it relevant to the plot somehow (or otherwise convincing). So ... please post as soon as you can.