Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 6, Part 12...

Clark jogged up the stairs, not wanting to wait for the elevator. He had waited long enough. As he arrived to the newsroom, he could tell something was up by the buzzing in the air. He tiptoed behind Lois and covered her eyes. “Guess who?”

“Clark,” she said, her voice rough and wrong. Lois’s Lucy didn’t sound quite so Texan. That sounded like… he spun her around and looked into the damp eyes of Lucy, not Lois. Damp. Why were her eyes damp? Where was Lois?

“Lucy?” he asked and she glanced away.

“Clark!” Cat Grant called to him. “I want you to give a quote on this story,” she said waving a mini tape cassette.

“Aren’t you supposed to be covering the awards circuit in Hollywood?” Clark asked perplexed that she would try to order him around after her demotion back to celebrity news from acting editor. He still hadn’t forgiven her. Cat was one of the main reasons Lois blamed him for her humiliation by her own newspaper.

“Forget Hollywood, Gareth brought me back for this. This is bigger than all that.”

“You’re no better than a piranha, Cat,” Lucy said. “No, worse, a shark.”

“Why, Lucy, thank you for the compliment.” Cat nodded at her.

“What are you talking about? What story?”

Cat grinned. “Oh, even better! You haven’t heard.” She picked up Lucy’s mini tape recorder off her desk, dumped out the tape and put in hers, pressing play.

Cat! I found her. I found her!” It was Lois’s voice. “You are going to rue the day you ever tried to knock me down a peg.

Cat looked at the machine. “Let’s just fast forward over…”

Clark grabbed the machine away from her.

Tried to, Lois? Succeeded is more like it,” Cat had retaliated. “Found who?

Ultra Woman, of course.
Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/27/15 07:03 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.