Ha-ha! Speedy return from lunch and since I've heard nothing back about my paperwork... I press on! Very interesting chapter, lots of points I liked. First of all, I love the interaction with Clark and the cat, Pepper (I have a bad feeling he's in for more trouble than its worth, though) But very cute nonetheless! I grow more and more curious about Aykira. Thoughts pretty much ran as follows: An alien? Kryptonian, perhaps? But no, it said later on that she felt a sharp pain when her opponent caught her in kickboxing class (very fun, by the way, like the inclusion wink ) But she is from another "world"- another universe. And said she's dealing with "dopplegangers" of everyone. So does that mean that she and Lois are friends in her world? And why does she seem somewhat concerned about Clark? Could she possibly *know*?

And then, Clark and Lois' fight? What? Why? I mean, I know things will get better (they always do) but it seemed a little unexpected that Clark got angry so fast- with Lois it's a little expected, plus she's sick so I'm sure she's grown a little short. Not that I didn't like the scene, it was well done, and Clark yelling at the cat later made me wave

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain