Wow! Lois's emotions were all over the place. First, she cares for Clark feelings, but then has to satisfy her own.

Then, she stammers through her flight with 'Superman' -- who likes capes and flying, too, huh? Imagine that.

Holding me securely with one arm, he reached back and gathered his cape, then wrapped me in its warm, red folds.
Beautiful imagery.

He was like all the stories of knights in shining armor and prince charming and angels put together...and yet he was real. I could feel his heart thumping steadily beneath my hand, could feel his chest rising and falling with his breaths, and was warmed by my proximity to his skin.
Oh, Lois, Lois, Lois. <<shakes head>> He's not real; he's a fantasy. Clark is real.

"I come here a lot," Superman explained quietly, finally looking away from me to survey the magnified stars around us. "Between the stars and the Earth, not part of either one--this is where I belong. It's quiet up here, serene, and yet, looking down at the cities below, I can see how much I am needed. I have the might, which means I have the right to do what I can to help people."
The quote of Superman's canon line to Lois spoken juxasposed with Vatman's line about might is right, gave me chills.

And her nightmare, where Superman drops away and she's left holding Clark's glasses. Can we say "BIG HINT" Lois? Sigh. She's still blind.

I love the end of this part:

Besides, he felt so good and so safe, as if nothing could hurt me while he was protecting me. So I muted my inner argument, and I pressed closer to Clark, and I relaxed when he tightened his own arms around me, and I slept.
Superman may have got to fly with her, but Clark got to sleep with her. laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.