Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 5, Part 5...

This connection she felt with Clark Kent was because of her old crush, Lois told herself. That was all. It didn’t mean anything. It couldn’t; Lois liked Mr. Amazing.

“Excuse me?” Clark asked, letting go of her hand. And as quickly as it had come the feeling disappeared.

“Your hands. They are so warm.”

“Oh.” Did he sound disappointed? “How am I your hero, Lois?”

Lois couldn’t stop herself from grinning. “You sent me Superman.” You saved me from Lex, would have been a more accurate answer. But she still didn’t understand how she reading his articles and seeing his name had helped her get her memories back. She had never met him before. One of them surely would have remembered.

“Ah.” She heard Clark swallow, before he spoke, “Perry has told me so much about you, I feel like I already know you.”

Lois took a step away from the end table and Clark automatically took her arm. “May I be your guide?”

“Just this once,” she replied, wondering why he had this effect on her. He guided her to the sofa. “When I have my bearings back I’ll expect you to treat me like everyone else.”

“I don’t think I can,” he murmured.

“Why not?”

“You’re Lois Lane, the best investigative reporter in Metropolis. You’re better than everyone else.”

Lois laughed. “Oh, Clark. Flattery used to get you everything, but not anymore.” Not since she met Mr. Amazing. She grinned in Clark’s general direction. “But I might make an exception for you.”

“Lois!” That was her father. She had forgotten he was there.
Thank you so much to my Beta Readers. You really keep me on my toes. thumbsup

Please post feedback here.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/12/15 04:31 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.