I've just found out how hard it is to leave fdk when you already know what happens next...

He was hoping for time - time to get his emotions under control before she had the opportunity to probe them too deeply.
Why doesn't Lois just force the conversation on him? She knows he's disappointed (not about the fact that Hawthorne survived, but because that means she's staying in Melbourne), why not let him know? And tell him that it doesn't change a thing (except that they're going to have to mantain the special 'logistics' of their relationship a little while longer).

Chris turned to Lois with a euphoric grin. "Now I understand why no Hawthorn player could compete for *your* attention," she said.
And that said without knowing that he moonlights in tights! laugh

"Perhaps in some ways Metropolis for me is like Hawthorn for you. After so many years of drifting around, I found a home there. I became Superman. It's something I believe in. It's more than the job ... it's a part of me. I'm a part of it ... a part of the people there ... a part of the future."
Ok, so I might be a little off here, but his comparison of Hawthorne and Metropolis seems uneven and a little unfair. I know it won't be a point, but as Lois a few parts back broought up, he still asumes she should move and that her ties to Melbourne are not as strong as his to Metropolis. And -Superman aside- I don't think that is the case. So he's not really considering moving to Australia, while she is only saying that she can't move to the States just yet.

Browny hesitated, huffed, and then his eyes levelled in hers. "I want your word that it will be no more than two years," he said. "It's not fair on Rubber to make him wait any longer than that."
Is it me, or Browny also assumes that she is the one who has to move?

That said, I love how you've created your own Australian Perry White without it actually feeling like it's Perry talking. Same attitude, same kind of relationship with Lois, but still somehow different. Must be the accent :p

"Lois." His blue eyes softened. "Come with me," he cajoled. "Please. There is something I want to show you."
And just what exactly is Seb up to?!?!

Cris