I can't see anything here that would make anyone even consider tomato throwing. Definitely a poignant story, but the characterization was believable and I really felt for the characters. I liked how the revelation itself played out -- I definitely got that Lois was so absorbed by what she had done that she had no anger to give when it came to Clark's secret. Her reaction (or non-reaction, in this case) fit perfectly with your set up, so you clearly did a good job with setting the tone of the story.

The only quibble I had was that I, too, was surprised when Lois didn't make the LL connection on her own without Jimmy mentioning it. I can certainly see her not being able to forget about the original intent of them and that they would be a constant reminder of what she went through. But to not even realize that they were still her initials was a bit odd; it seems like the sort of thing she would have realized as soon as she and Lex got engaged and she considered whether to change her name, or at the very least when she ordered the plates.

But again, it's only a minor blip on what was an otherwise very absorbing fic. Nice job. smile

Kathy