Aww, this started so sweet.

“Was it any good?” she asked as he handed it to her.

“I found it riveting,” he said with a grin.

She took the book and flipped through it, reading it at super speed, smiling at the silly watercolor illustrations as she did. Lois looked up at her husband. “Are you ready to do this?” she asked.
And their domestic use of superpowers is just plain adorable blush

But you couldn't leave well enough alone evil laugh

“Nor was in it. Just taunting me about the fact that I can’t get over killing him. That I can’t…” He sighed, trying to make sense of it all in his head. But it didn’t make any sense. “I can’t do this anymore. I can’t keep trying to wall off the different parts of my life from each other. When I’m with you, I feel like I’m me. Like I’m the guy I’ve been trying to be this whole time. But with Jiang…I spend so much time just thinking about what he did to us, what he could have done…and all I feel is rage. I spend a lot of my patrols just following him…and it’s so easy to imagine tearing him apart. I killed someone once…and it almost destroyed me. Now I want to do it again.”
At least he told Lois about it. Finally.

He opened his mouth to speak but couldn’t think of anything to say except, “I hope you’re right.”

“Of course I’m right; I’m always right,” she replied matter-of-factly.
That's right. He still has clocked in much less Lois-time than normal at this age, so it's natural that he is still lacking some of the conditioning. The *wife* is *always* right.

Michael

PS: Unless she's wrong. In which case, the previous statement applies.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.