dance Thank you all so much for your comments! I have to admit that I had a hard time writing this one - I trashed four possible stories before Eva came to my rescue and suggested a *much better* idea than any of the ones I'd had before!

Sue - hee! Thank you! (for the comments, and again for the beta!) And I just love that you picked out my favorite line to quote. \o/ It makes me happy beyond what I know how to express with words.

LolaDane - hehehe! I did say it wasn't what people would think, didn't I? I knew you guys would assume that this was all about Batman, and darn for once, it's so really not. Thanks for the comments!

sarahg - I'll take that as a sign that you liked it.. yes? I'm not sure about any sequels, though, but thanks for asking.

cookiesmom - *lol* You miss Batman? Well, hey, I know where to find him, if you like. wink I'm really glad you liked this! Thank you for the comments!

Shadow - hee! Thank you, my dear! I'm glad you liked! Not sure about sequels, but if I start thinking about one, you'll likely be among the first to hear about it. hehe!

iolantealias - aww! I'm so glad you liked it! smile I struggled with this, but ultimately, I have to say that I enjoyed working on this story so very, very much, and I'm really happy how it turned out, so thank you for your request of an AU. I love AUs. laugh Also: Gotham PD is pretty corrupted, yes, but Commissionner Gordon certainly isn't, so you can be pretty sure the bad guys wil rot in jail!

Darth Michael - Thanks for the comments! When I put them in the gambling hall, I admit I had some TOGOM flashbacks...I made it on purpose to have them get out before shots were fired, though. But, uh, in my original notes, Clark played dead for a moment, and then I thought "yeah, bad idea!" ...and Clark is going back to Metropolis - he won't move to Gotham, I can promise this much. Lois...well, I'm not sure about her yet. You'll have to ask her. lol!

HappyGirl - Thank you! I did try to keep them true to themselves as much as I possibly could, so I'm glad that showed and that it made the story enjoyable to you.

Thanks, all! I really appreciate the comments. Even if I did drag Gotham City into this anyway. :p

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies