/me melts into a puddle of fangirl goo! drool

I must add my voice to the chorus of praise for this scene. I adored the the joke, the hugging and the longing. I must say that Kal is an awful quick study if he's already realizing that hugging *and* kissing together would be an amazing experience.

I also hope that at some point in the story that Lois will sing to him. If he's not hooked on her by then, that'll be the clincher. Oh, and I simply cannot wait for Lois to introduce Kal to dancing.
devil

I agree that seeing them step slowly into a physical relationship is appropriate and fun to watch (even if I'm aggravated by waiting for each chapter <bg>). There are still some serious cultural barriers and they need to build understanding and trust along with their physical closeness.

I loved that Lois decided to write a children's book in an effort to connect to the Kryptonian people. Her thought that writing about universal concepts (such as sharing and friendship) was a good one and I'm sure that Kal is smart enough to see the value of a story - that often life's truths are sometimes easier to see through fiction than through historical or factual writing.

I also see something elemental in Kal's desire to sit with Lois and hear her read the story to him. As others have mentioned, he missed out on so much in his life and childhood as far as physical affection and now Lois is giving it to him. Not just the hugs and kisses (which are brilliant), but the cuddling together with a good book before bed.

<sigh>. More soon, please.
grovel