Ped,

Thanks for your very kind comments. I think the most daunting thing about writing is trying to then write in a character's voice, especially a character who is supposed to be an extremely accomplished author. I've found those parts of the story the hardest to write, so I am so happy to hear you mention the prologue to Lois's book as something you really enjoyed.

I set out to write this big long mess of a story as a conversation on a lot of philosophical questions that were always very interesting to me. One of the major ones is - how do you live with the consequences of your actions when you have to make decisions not between good and bad, but bad and worse? In order to do that, I felt like I had to make the conflicts both protagonists faced into full, three dimensional problems, with nuance, complications, etc. That meant I needed an awful lot of story. I'm glad to hear that you've found it enjoyable - especially since you read it all at once. I feel that a danger of serialized fiction is that it tends to get way too long and way too bogged down in the details (not that I'm denying that this has happened with this story, I'm just really glad you enjoyed it nonetheless).

So thanks for reading, and for your very kind comments! More is on the way...

Regards,

Rac