You know, I thought Michael was talking nonsense about NK. After all, you always said you didn't know why they put it in canon in the first place. Which seems to mean that you wouldn't write it.

But now.....
Star shook her head. "Someone from Clark's past is going to come back and make life hard for you two, but you especially, I think."

Oh, please," Lois said with a roll of her eyes. "What kind of trouble could possibly be prevented if Clark and I actually *had* been married since last week? And couldn't we just fly off to Vegas or something?" she asked skeptically. "If whoever it is starts making trouble."

Star shook her head again and gripped Lois' hand. She leaned close and whispered, "Trust me on this one, honey. I don't get feelings like this very often. The last one I had this strong was when Ellen and Sam found Clark in a spaceship and I told them to get out of Dodge. Go back to Lowell County, sign whatever you have to that makes it legal that you two have been married for over a week already."
That says "NK" all over it for me.

Still, I suppose there could be other reasons why they need to be married. Navance, maybe?