Ooh, interesting discussion. I don't really have the time to tie this next bit to the story, but draw what parallels you wish:

My sister got engaged to her (now) husband last summer. They had made the decision to wait for sex until they were married, but also often spent the night at each other's houses, in the same bed.

They weren't "playing at" being married, though. My sister is an insomniac. She literally cannot sleep a lot of the time. She and Tim (my brother-in-law) discovered during their engagement that having Tim hold her (or even just in the same bed) at night helps her to get to sleep and stay that way.

So, even though they definitely planned to save the sex for after the wedding (and they DID stick to that plan), they slept in the same bed so that both of them could get the sleep they needed. Draw what parallels to this story you may.

Just my $0.02.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place