Hi, Lara! wave Squee! Imagine my surprise when James remarked at dinner last night that you were posting this. I'm so happy that you're writing again.

I love your take on Perry. He's in control of the situation, despite his normal gruffness. I wonder if he would have hired Clark if Lois hadn't insisted that he not hire him. He played Lois like a fiddle by the time the interview ended. It's easy to see why he was promoted to management.

Lois, on the other hand, was hilarious. She acted as if Clark's presence in the room was a personal affront. I wonder what Perry was thinking as she hissed her protests at Clark's interview.

I liked the fact that Lois explained to Clark that they were working together "for the time being." I'm sure she plans on ditching him as soon as a better option comes along, if for not other reason than she doesn't plan on sharing a Pulitzer. Actually, she thinks that working with Clark will totally smurf up her chance at a Pulitzer. I wonder if that's because he isn't the best, like she is, or because he's a "typical male."

I'm looking forward to reading the next part at the first opportunity.

Elisabeth