I'm a little surprised that Lana and Clark have started divorce proceeds so quickly. I was under the impression they were going to wait at least a week before making changes like that. IT IS going to be harder for this universe's Clark if he comes back. (This is assuming, of course, that he doesn't want to divorce Lana anyway. I REALLY hope he doesn't.)

Of course, it's not impossible for couples to have reconciliation in the middle of divorce or even after. So if he gets back, the general public would just think that's what happened. It will make life HARDER, but not impossible.

Still, I have to say I can understand why they did it. In the first, place like I have said before, since Lois is pregnant, she is going to need Clark's support. The main reason why they wanted to get pregnant again was to exprience it as real couple. That's going to be hard if Clark is still married to someone else.

And then they have the issue of HOW long they should have waited. One week? Two? Two in a half? The just "one more day/week" would be hard to break.

Plus, I think the longer they keep getting a "no" when they try to find a way back, the more they want to look to each other for emotional support. And that's something Clark can't bring himself to do in a real way while he's married to Lana.

Oh, and speaking of Lois being pregnant, I'm hoping it's a girl this time. They have two very nice, adorable little boys arleady. It would be nice if they had girl as well.

Besides, I really don't know how long they will spend in this universe. I'm torn between wanting to see how things play out here long term, and wanting them to get back to their sons as soon as possible.
BUT if they do spend a significant time in this universe (enough time so the new baby will be born), like I have said before, their new child will likely feel like a replacement for Christopher and Nate.
Although it will still probably hurt anyway, I think it would be less if it was a girl (a different gender than the kids they have - and hence remind them less of what they lost).

Oh, and I liked this, Carol.
I missed my sons. I hated that someone else was going to play dad to them for however long we were here. I hated that they might be scared and confused and having separation anxiety in the extreme.