I'm glad that they told Ellen and Sam about what happened. And I'm glad that they're planning on telling Lana and Joe, too. Like Martha said, even if they don't tell them, they're going to figure things out eventually.
Telling them the truth will hurt less.

I find it very odd that they didn't even TRY to recreate the car accident, though. Is it because of what I said before, that every time they change something, they'll end up recreating a new Lois and Clark?
Or is it because they can't handle the possiblity? I find that very hard to believe. I know this is a hard choice, and Lois doesn't want to lose her mother and sister and Dave again. But as a result, she loses her kids. As much as she loves her mother, etc. I don't believe they mean more to her than Christopher and Nate. And like I said before, if they stay in this reality, and possibly have more kids, those kids will feel like "replacements" for the children she remembers and loves.

It would be nice if they were able to fix the time machine so it worked properly, though.