I was absolutely exhausted yesterday and had no strength to write any FDK. (And school is going to be murder for the next six weeks.)

As for the first part of this fic, it had, a) presence of NKers, b) presence of Luthor, c) absence of Lois, and d) absent Lois on the verge of marrying Luthor. Four excellent reasons for me to stay away from that part!

Ah, but this time Luthor was absent and Lois was present, if still on the verge of marrying Luthor! Or could it be that she has reconsidered?

Lois suddenly sprung to her feet, startling her "guests'. “*BASTARD*!” she screeched and hurtled the bronze vase across the room, right at the vanity where she could see the reflection of her wedding gown.
Hopefully she has, unless she suddenly realized how unbecoming her wedding gown was, and it was Luthor who made her wear it - well, for him... Except Lois isn't that stupid, is he?

Just a few short weeks ago she had been single and loosely dating the most – second most – eligible bachelor in the world, and now she was about to *marry* him.

And none of her friends were here. Clark had been the first and had left her in the cold because of his sick jealousy. And Perry and Jimmy had just followed suit; why, she still could not understand.
Lois Galactically Joanne Stupid Lane!!! (Well, I read somewhere that Lois's middle name was Joanne. They forgot to mention her other middle names, though.) :rolleyes:

But hey, the NKers improved in Lois's presence! They even gave her a new, nice title!

“Is your mother a fighter like you?”
Didn't you say 'warrior' at first, Michael? Did you change it? frown That's too bad! I loved the idea of the NKers describing Lois as a warrior! The loss of the warrior word sort of diminished my appreciation for this chapter, as it was one of the jewels of this part, and now that jewel is missing. And I can't help feeling that the NKers don't have the same respect for Lois when they call her a fighter as they would have if they called her a warrior.

It's still funny that Lois would make the NKers speak telepathic 'Lois-ese' to Clark, so that Clark would understand that they had Lois with them.

Okay, Michael. This is still a good part, though I can't like it as much as I would have if the NKers had respected Lois enough to call her a warrior!

Ann