Well, I'm so glad that most of you are happy with the outcome for Lois, Clark, CK and Jon. This was a story that I almost regretted writing a few times, because it was so difficult to see how I could bring about a happy-ish solution for everyone concerned. It wasn't until a couple of weeks ago that I came up with the idea for ghost-Lois - before then, I really hadn't got any solid ideas which looked like they were going to work. And it wasn't until fairly recently that I knew who was going to keep Jon, but thanks to the wonderful feedback here, a few good friends on IRC, the poll, and a generous dose of gut instinct, I finally found the answer.

Many, many thanks to my staunch beta-reader, Wendy, for sticking with the story throughout and giving me her usual mix of encouragement, nagging, corrections and suggestions. Jenni Debbage also provided helpful feedback, despite going through a very heavy dose of RL lately.

Now, if anyone else mentions the evil 's' (sequel) word, I'll scream! <g>

Seriously, I've already got two sequels waiting to be written, and I really don't need the pressure of a third. I'm afraid for now, we'll all just have to imagine a future for CK which suits our individual preferences. smile

This cries out for a response:
Gee, I'd hate to see you try your hand at an unhappy ending.
Yeah, Tank, I guess not having Lois cut her hair nice and short was a real downer for you. wink

Thank you all for the great support you've given me throughout this epic (epic in size if not in stature <g>). I probably would have given up if it hadn't been for your cheering and nagging. smile

Yvonne