I must be tired, but every once in a while I have trouble figuring out what is going on! Hehe. e.g.
"I'll leave," I said quietly, pain shooting through my heart. "We've talked for nearly three years about you leaving, in large part because we didn't think you were Christopher's father. Now that we know almost for sure that you are, there's no reason for you to leave. I'll leave. I'll go. We can make it normal for our kids. You live with Mom and Dad until you're two and a half and then you live with Dad. Or in Nate's case, until you wean. He'll never know any different and Christopher won't remember life with both of us for long. It'll be his new normal and he'll adapt. He's a kid. They adapt easily."
Bah, where's caffeine? I guess the perspective... I'm not sure of the term, is throwing me off. I think I get it.

I better get some before I read more smile

One of the doors opened behind me. "I thought I heard someone out here." It was Mom.

"I couldn’t sleep," I told her.

"More like you were fighting with your wife. I couldn’t hear what you were saying but that part was pretty unmistakable."
I was wondering when she'd hear them fighting.

She caught me off-guard with her next question. "Are you still in love with Lana?"
All I could think was "Clark just answer the question!"

I sighed and decided that sleeping on the veranda might not be such a bad plan.
I wish I had a veranda to sleep out on.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.