Delightful ending. Nice tale.
Right after that, Clark had flown to Henderson’s office in order to turn himself in. With the suit underneath his clothes, it hadn’t been too difficult to convince Henderson that Clark and Superman were one and the same.
Why did they need to convince Henderson of this? All Superman needed to do was arrive alive. At this point it is crystal clear that Clark did not kill Superman. Henderson already had his doubts about Clark killing anyone.

I had this picture in my head, Henderson who we know has been stalling on the search for Kent, ambushed by the media outside Police HQ. Trying to ignore the mics and cameras and the questions as he pushes his way through the crowd.

A voice from above "Inspector Henderson, may I have a minute?" All heads lift upward to see a slowly descending Superman.

Total chaos as some reporters hurl questions at Superman, and the TV reporters shouting "Go Live" at their crews.

Switch to Martha and Jonathan waiting in an airport for their flight to load hearing a buzz of excitement spreading in the area look up to see everyone staring at TV screens repeating the scene of Superman descending towards Henderson.

Perry in his office hearing the bullpen going crazy as Jimmy shouts "Chief", pointing at the TV screen.

Framework4