Thanks so much for all the comments!

See me? Still here! I'm reading it despite the fact that you didn't have the courtesy to use my suggested title. Humph.
Thanks for sticking around gr8, even though I was mean. laugh But you have to admit that 'Strength' is very appropriate for the current situation Ellie and Jay find themselves in. I do love 'Chemistry' though.

Yeah, you still have happy readers!
Thanks, Carolyn! I'm glad to know you're still hanging in.

I'll hold off on all the wild Kryptonite theories or brain implants or sneaky enemies until we get a bit more into it.
Hey, I'd love to hear your theories, JD. It's always good to know if I'm making people suspect what I want them to suspect.

Ann, I got all excited when I saw that you had posted something here, but then I realized it was just a delete message. I know you don't read next-gen, but is there any way I can convince you to give this a try? I promise that Ellie and Jay aren't pale duplicates of Lois and Clark! But maybe that won't make you any more interested... huh

Carol, next chapter is coming to your inbox soon. I think. We'll see how the weekend goes. wink

I think you mentioned somewhere she had her fathers cooking skills, right. Or was that Jon?
You're right, Michael. Jon's the one who burns scrambled eggs, and Ellie's the one who makes him soup after his first Kryptonite exposure. But in Jon's defense, he was distracted with the eggs, and then he had Kaylie helping him in his second attempt, which is a recipe for disaster.

Thanks so much everyone for commenting! It means the world to me. Now excuse me as I run off to go write more of this thing so Carol will stop nagging me... wink