ARGH!!!! I was all the way down to Laura and lost it all. Sheesh! Let's see if I can recreate it... [as DH pulls in with dinner... I would have been done!]

Thanks again!

Sheila - I'm glad I could help you procrastinate wink . I take any excuse I can get. I forget what else I said, except to ask if I could have a Pepsi and birthday cake instead.

Ann - Yes, you mentioned Joseph Fritzl a few segments ago when you compared what he did to Clark not telling Lois about himself for three months. While I'm still not sure the comparison is accurate here, it certainly is much closer. We'll see more from the secretary later. As mentioned in the posts later in the thread, law varies by state about audio evidence. However, as soon as my betas give me the go ahead, I think I've got it worked out. Even in the 80s, audio could be edited and so isn't necessarily a slam dunk.

Framework, Nan, DCarson - thank you for your input on the audio smile .

Rona - It should at least clear her reputation - you're right about that.

Anon - That's an interesting way to look at those two. That thing at Brown... sad that they kept covering it up. At least the women tried to keep it up.

Carolyn - thank you for your input as well. We will see more of Mayson and Linda in the next few chapters. The ends thing... well, I just finished 19-7 [because chapter 19 was supposed to cover all of this and so the file named chapter 20 picks up... a year from now? Something like that]. There's another... 6? chapters written after that and another one that says something like 'these three things need to happen' [which is strikingly similar to chapter 19 in that sense] and so may take a number of chapters to tell. I'm guessing in the 40 range, but not sure yet, but probably over 35.

Laura - *waves* LTNS!! Thank you! Glad to have you on board!

Michael - interesting wink . However, we're not actually talking violence here... just thought of it. I can't imagine Clark actually doing any of those things [unless maybe it's the Clark/Dark Clark in Imbroglio or something].

cp33 - Thank you!

Elisabeth - [I said this in response to someone else's post when I did this the first time, but I don't remember who so here it is wink ]. Originally, this was where Clark found out about the rumors about himself and Mayson and what Lois believed about it. Then the whole thing in Colorado just wrote itself. The secretary will come back soon and we'll find out more about what she thought etc.

Thanks again everyone! Look for the next part tomorrow! [Or maybe very late tonight... we'll see...]
Carol