Nan, terrific part! Great conversation over breakfast - congratulations to Clark for managing to explain things to Lois without embarrassing her further *and* without sticking his foot in his mouth. smile And then, later on, we had this...
A dismaying thought hit her. "Clark, you got sprayed. Why didn't you fall for me?"

Clark shrugged. "I'm not sure. I should have," he admitted. "I was behind you, Jimmy and Perry, and I held my breath. I must have only got a little of it -- not enough to do whatever it did to the rest of you. It's a good thing that one of us was sober. Superman and I had our hands full figuring out what happened and trying to keep people out of trouble."

"I guess we were lucky," Lois said, slowly. Clark's explanation sounded a little thin, but it seemed reasonable. There was no question in her mind that he was attracted to her, even if he hadn't essentially admitted it just now.
Oh wow. dance Look at this, FoLCs. Clark is *not* a lunkhead. Lois knows he's attracted to her - things could be much easier now. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean that they will be...

Great job, Nan. Looking forward to more.

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5