Wow! You gusy are still there! Even afetr how long I've kept you waiting! You're the best! goofy But I guess you can find an explanation, even if not a consistent one, in his reasoning: he keeps saying he has behaved selfishly; he has forgotten about the world and pretty much drowned in self pity, which I know is unlikely but... If you think about the show, Clark didn't run to put his parents in a safe place when Mazik found out his secret in ATAI. In this case, not only has Luthor discovered the secret, but at the same time, Clark has lost his dream job and his best friend (which happens to be the woman he loves).

Now she's marrying him to protect Clark? How exactly does that follow? How does marrying Luthor protect him?
I guess I did leave that out. Well, if she doesn't leave Lex and becoems his wife, she'll be able to keep a close eye on him without raising suspicions. In a way, it'd be like going undercover. Does that make any sense?

Thanks, Roger, for pointing all this out. Very appreciated help!

Tank said:

I'm sure she hasn't really thought about how she'll go about doing it
True; I think she just knows it'll be easier to protect his secret if she remains close to Lex.

Barb, I'm really glad you liked the introspection. It means a lot. Thanks!

Merry, Maria. I'm happy you're enjoying this story.

Tricia, what can I say? Your comments are way healthy for my ego! laugh (Or are they???)

Thanks everyone!

Cris

PS. Ok, fine. mad Thanks Jose, for the nagging and help (but don't get used to this kind of comment! :p )

Cris