A couple weeks ago I got a pleading email from an avid fan on fanfiction.net, and have been struck by guilt back into rememberance of my old friends around here. So, at last, here I am!

I don't have any more excuse than most of us have for disappearing. Busy semesters, busy life, and another fictional obsession that stole more time reading and researching than writing <guilty grin>. Either way, I have always intended on finishing this story, so here I am back to limp us along a little farther.

I'm currently working on polishing up the next chapter. Valar, it is hard to jump back into the right tone and everything after such a long break, but I hope it still works. Hope to hear from you guys, and I'll be back in the next few days to drop chapter 46 off.

Just a kind of warning, if you feel like you need a refresher. lol. I knew I did!

I don't even know how many of my old friends are still around here, but for those who are and those who aren't alike . . . this chapter being written purely for good friends and readers who encourage writers along their way, even when they disappear for months on end without explanation.

Hope to hear from you!

Rachel
SmirkyRaven