Hey there - I read parts 1-14 last night and it kept me hooked.

RL is busy @ the moment, so I'm going to try and spill my enthusiasm all @ once here.

Again, try.

Clark, sweet as ever. Lois, our determined girl. I am really sad for Lois and how much hardship she's had to endur, but she's a troper.

I had a bit of a hard time with "ancient quary" back in one chapter. To me ancient are ruins from the Roman era or Stonehendge.

As for this chapter:

He was combing his hair when the bedroom door opened quietly and Lois entered the room.

"Clark! What are you doing out of bed?"

He smiled at her. "I feel all right," he told her. "No headache, no aches and pains or anything."

"You're sure?" she asked.
I can't imagine the fright that Lois had while Clark was out for 10 minutes. Preggo, not done school, a sister, a drunk mother, newlywed and a farm. All that must have ran though her head at some point. Most of all her panick over not having him in her life to love, etc would have been horrible.

And Lucy's going over to spend the night at Celia's."

"Really? It sounds like she and Celia hit it off pretty well."

"Yeah. They both like 'Wham!'."

At his raised eyebrows she laughed softly. "They're thirteen," she pointed out.
I giggled and totally agreed how Lucy and Celia are friends because they liked WHAM. It's funny how simple things like that make children friends. I like that snippet.

I hope Clark can keep up with his many responsiblities since he doesn't have his powers. I know many people do that either out of necessity or because they like doing all sorts of things (like my work friend).

"That old place," Lana said contemptuously. "Nobody who's anybody farms these days."
Ugh I just dislike this Lana. Not the way it is written, but just her character. She adds that needed thorn in a storyline though. A challenge to deal with. I hope she had a bad seat at the threatre.

Well I gotta go!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.