Ah, what a lovely way to start a Saturday, by answering even more lovely feedback! smile With one notable exception, you all seem to have approved wholeheartedly about this part. Thanks. (I'll address the exception below.)

Pam:
arrrgh! You're an evil evil woman, Chris...
No, I'm not. I seem to remember a very interesting thread here a few months ago about who was evil, and as far as I can recall, my name didn't come up. wink

Now, repeat after me: Luthor - Splat. CJ - Flight. Got that???
Um, no?

Maria:
Luthor escape and the DA don't know about it or the victims.
Interesting... I guess the DA's office should have been told. All I can guess is that work hasn't quite reached her yet. (And, yes, I know that's a major fudge.)

Tank:
Okay, I'll admit that I was very disappointed when CJ started flying. Having him regain his powers just in time to save Lois was too trite, and way too convenient.
Oh, dear. I don't think I've ever been called trite before. All I can say is that CJ is not Clark, and there are a few things you don't know yet about his powers. Whether you will change your mind when you do them out I really don't know. All I can say is that the flying will always be convenient here, but maybe you'll be able to find it in your heart to forgive me for it.

I was relieved to see that he wasn't back all the way. It's much more dramatic if he has to risk his own life to save Lois anyway.
Good. And I agree: a superpowered Superman saving Lois isn't as interesting, IMHO.

Now if the lunkhead can just remember to let go of Luthor's foot
Oops. blush

RetroRose / S: thank you as ever for your wonderful praise. I'm never sure that I deserve it, but it definitely makes me feel very good.

Wendy, Nan, Merry, Liz, Tricia and Gerry: thank you to all of you for posting, too! laugh

Chris