Nan, I actually read this a few days ago but just didn't have the time to comment...sorry. But I am still following and things are getting interesting.
She was already in bed with only the lamp on her nightstand burning when Clark emerged from the bedroom's adjoining bathroom a short time later, clad in his black shorts with his dark hair damp from the shower. She looked him over appreciatively and smiled. "I wish I'd gone to the lake with you, back when we first met," she said.

Clark grinned faintly. "So do I," he said. "On the other hand, seeing you in a bathing suit might have made it a lot more difficult for me to sleep than it's already been since I met you, so I guess it's probably just as well."

She blushed. "I'm glad it's you with all those special vision powers and not some of the other guys around here," she said. "If Hank Weston had them, I'd have been wearing a lead suit. He was bad enough on just one date. It was all I could do to keep his hands where they belonged."

"Well, I can't exactly say I wasn't tempted around you," Clark said, sliding into the bed next to her.

"It's a good thing you have super willpower, too," Lois said, batting her eyelashes at him.

"It's a good thing I don't need it anymore," Clark countered.
This was just the cutest little exchange. I'm glad that Lois and Clark are comfortable around each other. Even thought they didn't formally date, the dated each other in friendship and that is probably the best foundation. But then who would have trouble falling in love with Clark Kent...and his body?

I am looking forward to the next chapter. This was great as always.

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.