I like this story. I TRY to refrain my self from reading stories before they are finished, but this is a sequel and I have to know!

To address Ann's "rabbit trail", it sees to me that men get over or at least begin to move on much quicker than women after the death of their spouse. It blows my mind that you can be married to a woman for 50 years and 3 months later you're in another woman's bed. Saw that with two men. One did end up marrying his new girlfriend. The other says it just makes things too difficult for their kids when they die to have mine, yours, and ours things to be split up but are still together 8 years later. A third it was less than a year, though he did marry her first. But the women had all been widowed 5 or more years. Is this becasue women mourn a lost spouse longer or because there are just more widowed women than men and the men can have their pick? Stories of Clark missing his dead wife touch my heart, but facts like these makes me wonder how realistic it is.

OTH- a man losing his mother. Ann's right, the woman who raised you cannot be replaced as a wife can be. And I don't think I have ever seen a fic where Martha has died and Jonathan is the widower, though we often read fics where Jonathan has died.

Ah, the puzzles of life

thanks!

rkn