This is wonderful. There are so many emotions here. Thank you for continuing on with your story direction.
“I…I’m fine, Mom, really. There was k…k…kryptonite near the site of the earthquake. Not a lot, mostly d…d…dust,” Clark said, though his voice was still weak.

“But, if it wasn’t much…” Martha started, but stopped when Clark put his hand on hers.

“I couldn’t l…l…leave, Mom, there was s…s…so much to do. I guess I should have w…w…waited before I came back here, though,” he mused.
Poor Clark, always thinking of others before himself.
“I… I came to give L…L…Lois her s…s…story,” Clark said lamely.

“Lot of good it will do me when you can barely talk,” Lois said, but her tone was gentle.

Clark smiled slightly.
Clark is trying so hard to make peace with Lois. He is putting her before his own health. He's almost offering her himself as some sort of peace offering. She seems to be softening a little.
A few minutes later, she heard her bathroom door open, and leaning heavily on the wall, wrapped in a towel, Clark emerged, making his way slowly to the couch.
WOW! Dean...I mean Clark...in a towel. Yum!

I'm glad that Martha and Lois got to talk. It's like therapy. Maybe as Lois says things, she will listen to herself and get on the road of healing and forgiving Clark. yes, I'm probably the only one out here who wants Lois and Clark to get past their demons and move on. I want Lois to forgive him. I'm guessing that there will be a way to bring back Clark Kent...like Professor Hamilton brought back Al Capone and his crew after how many years?

Nicely written and I'm just waiting for the next part when Clark wakes up.

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.