Another interesting chapter, Rac. Looking forward to the next! I'm wondering how explanation of Superman's and Clark's coincidental return will play out. As a journalist, Clark, who was supposedly kidnapped, will be expected to document his years of captivity and conceivably Superman's role on NK as well.

As for Clark's PTSS, certainly the issues here need to be resolved. He was obliged to serve not only as a statesman, but also as a soldier with no more combat training than he received from Ching aboard the star ship enroute to NK. And how much training did he receive to prepare him for his captivity? None, I would imagine. Even WITH such training as US military aviators receive, enduring captivity as brutal as Nor's would tax anyone's sanity. But through it all, Clark never gave into the temptation of wishing for death. He always held onto his hope for reunification with Lois. And he never gave up his "secret" to Nor. (i.e. "What is Lo-isss?")

Throughout their separation, both Clark and Lois remained faithful to each other, holding onto their hope that, one day, they would be reunited. Although both were dogged by dispair, neither surrendered themselves to it.

As for Clark's guilty conscience for having killed Nor, I suppose that is testimony to his sterling character and his reverence for the sanctity of human life, without exception; and his preference for mercy over vengeance. (Whereas *I* would have felt about as bad about snuffing Nor as I would for stomping a coackroach. - Hey, I never said *I* was a "super man!" *I* subscribe to Talmudic justice: "If a man comes to your house to kill you, make ye haste and kill him first!") Clark needs to accept the fact that Nor gave him no alternative to killing him save loss of his own life and never seeing Lois again. Perhaps, having been compelled to face that awful dilema, kill or be killed, Clark might be more empathetic of others faced with similar such hobsean choises.

I believe that if Clark and Lois can work through these issues, hopefully with the love and support of their family and friends, both will emerge stronger. Lois has been compelled to walk in the shoes of her husband, having assumed his duties as a super hero(ine). And Clark has been compelled to endure the stresses of living life without the advantage of super powers. Not only are both now more able to empathize with each other, but, from their travails, Lois and Clark, having endured much, will be even more compassionate and more sensitive to human suffering than ever.

As for Clark's battle scars, I do not see them as mutilation of his once flawless form. They are a badge of honor and a testimony that, far more than most of us, notwithstanding his Kryptonian physiology, he has endured pain and suffering. I do not believe many holocaust survivors had their number tatoos removed. Most have worn them as a badge of honor. And in every post-resurrection painting I have ever seen of Jesus, His crucifixion wounds are portrayed as a testimony of His suffering. I hope, with Lois' support, Clark will come to accept his battle scars for what they are; a badge of honor and not of shame.

Very thought provoking story, Rac. It's nice to find a story that both entertains and that makes you think.

Best regards,
TagsNOLA