Squeee! I ADORE your first person Lois POV and have been dying to see more of it, so understandably that had my attention from the start. It always rings really genuine to me and I like how different it is (the immeadiacy like you mentioned) from the usual 3rd person narration. This to me somehow makes it more real since a 3rd person loses some of it's genuine feel simply by conveying everyone's thoughts democratically and such a thing already establishes boundaries, which a 1st person narration doesn't have. Oh and I might be the minority, but I really, really like the 1st season when they are just starting to get to know each other. Many yummy possibilities.

That said, I really liked the possibilities presented by the second ending even if it seemed slightly jarring at the end (pardon the redundancy). At the same time, I don't think there is a way for it not to be jarring (or maybe my brain is dead at this hour since I'm currently jet lagged out of my mind--so apologies if this sounds incoherent). I say this because it packs a HUGE punch for just a one-piece. I could see this working out really spectacularly (FB heights) as a longer a-plot thing. But I understand it's raison d'etre, so this is all me.

It was really great and I absolutely loved it. *sigh* More 1st person Lois? Please? Pretty please?

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png