Gerry: glad this part had an impact. The next part is, indeed, a bit longer.

Maria: why aren't Luthor's men following them? Uh... maybe they haven't got to the top of his 'to do' list yet. That and Saxon is pretty careful about who gets to know where he lives; hopefully Lex doesn't know where he is yet. Of course, that second argument doesn't work for Lois...

As for *why* Luthor is so charismatic, I have no idea whatsoever. I didn't understand that in the show, either.

Tank: you make it sound as though you think Henderson might be on the wrong side of the law. Oh, you are suspicious! As for who will live long enough to testify... I'm saying nothing.

Tricia: glad you're still enjoying this. You also think Katherine is going to die. Interesting!

Pam: as ever, thank you! Actually, I honestly hadn't recognised the irony in that conversation about secrets when I wrote it, but you're right -- it's most definitely there.

Nan and Pam (again): it seems as though, whatever happens, someone is going to be disappointed. The question is, who? Or will you be able to live with my choice? Time alone will tell.

Merry: thanks for your comments, too.

Chris