Hello, everyone!

Why didn't Clark's super hearing pick up on the bug?
I can't believe Clark hasn't figured out that Lois' purse has been bugged. Can't he normally hear those things??
I wholeheartedly agree with the other posters in this thread who've said that Clark *should* have been able to hear the bug in Lois's purse.
We seem to have a theme here. smile

I feel that an explanation is due here:

You guys are asking a very good question. He *should* have heard the bug. But for whatever reason, Clark failed to notice or see surveillance devices on three different occasions that I can recall in the series. The first was in HoL when he got into the car Lois had borrowed from Lex, and Lex overheard their conversation, the second was in Lucky Leon, when Clark only discovered the camera in the Desk Friend after it broke open, and the third was in The Dad Who Came in from the Cold, when the NIA bugged both Lois and Clark's apartments. Clark came home and went to sleep, only discovering the bugs when Jimmy woke him up and he picked up the phone to call Lois.

So, for the sake of plot advancement, I chose to go along with canon and assume that Clark can't (or just doesn't, for whatever reason) hear or discover the bug.

*Explanation over* smile

Sheila wrote:
So, Lois finally tells Clark how she feels after he encouraged her to spill it and then he rejects her. That made me so angry.
I feel you Clark...I understand...really, I do but isn't Lois what you've wanted...forever?
I'm sorry that Clark made you so angry, he's being a big lunkhead, isn't he? Not to worry, though, he'll get over it soon. I mean, we hope he'll get over it soon. Wouldn't want to give too much away now, would I? evil <Insert evil giggle here>

Thanks for the fdk, Sheila! I'm so glad that you're enjoying the story.

ignoredsins wrote:
Wow. This is really shaping up to be an amazing story! I love how ruthless you've made Lex Luthor.
I'm thrilled beyond words at this. Ruthless is a very good word to describe him. He's a very fun villain to write. Thanks for the fdk, ignoredsins!

Laurach wrote:
So far so good, but I suppose we have a lot of angst first before we get t the mushy stuff...sigh.
I guess I should have warned you all at the beginning that this story was heavy in angst. Thanks for hanging in there, we'll get to the mushy stuff...eventually. Thanks for the fdk, Laurach!

Laura S wrote:
Noo!!!! That's kind of a nice switch though, from people using Lois to get to Clark. Not that I want Clark strung up and tortured!
Uh oh! Warning: Torture is coming! evil

Eee! You are evil.
I take that as the highest form of a compliment! laugh Thanks for the fdk, Laura S!

betty wrote:
I do like the emotional dynamic you have created between Lois and Clark, engaged in a courtship dance that keeps missing its steps.
Hopefully they'll get some dancing lessons soon! laugh Thanks for the fdk, betty.

I'm so happy that you guys are enjoying the story. Unfortunately, I may have to slow down the posting schedule. Either that, or kick my muse in the butt so she'll get moving! Maybe I could steal a pointy stick from one of those pointy-stick men and prod her with it!
<Me runs around after the little guy> wildguy

Thanks again for the fdk! I'll have the next part posted on Monday. After that, though, I might start slowing down in posting.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.