I know you like hearing it, so I'll say it again: You're so freaking evil! And so, so unbelievably talented. I hope you're happy that you made me cry in front of someone else for the first time in years.

She would remember watching him in turn, or holding her hand out for him to come back to bed and even now sometimes she would wake up at night still expecting to see him there. When he wasn’t, and the searing reality would force her awake, she would curl up in the cushions and cry until dawn. But during the day she would sit there and usually stared at nothing for hours. Sometimes she would speak, usually to him. On most days though, she would run a hand over her tummy and whisper softly, always beginning the same way.

“Let me tell you Daddy’s story.”
You had me in tears from the very beginning!

“Sure thing, Doc. No wrestling… kittens?”
And yet you still manage to make me laugh out loud.

If I knew, I would tell you. Instead of voicing these thoughts, he bent forward again with a kiss that left her breathless and him panting for air. The urgency was there, but he was helpless against it and all he could think to do was to lose himself in her; in her eyes, the touch of her hand, the softness of her body, and the sweet grip of her thighs wrapped tightly around his waist. It was enough and soon he was lost to all but the sound of her breathless cries and the sharp sting of fingernails in his back.

In the end, he was curled against her, head resting against her heartbeat. The urgency had left but was slowly sneaking back in and he could feel it slowly creep up his spine.

“You’re shaking, and I don’t think it’s from what we just did.” Her voice was soft and inquisitive, but he wasn’t sure what to tell her. Loving fingers began to softly thread through his hair and mercifully the feeling began to ebb away once more. “Just… whatever it is, don’t go through it alone. Please?”

He answered her with the only thing he was absolutely certain of. “I love you… so much.”
Sorry for the long quote, but this is my favorite part - so heart-wrenchingly beautiful.

“He’s coming Lois, and I don’t think I can stop him.” His head began to shake back and forth as he fidgeted in his seat. “Even if my powers return on time, I don’t think I can stop him. Zara showed me what he can do, what he did, and he’s too strong and it’s too much, and I just, I just can’t and I-“
God, poor Clark. I'd give anything to hold and comfort him!

He knelt before her on the floor, softly brushing her cheek with the pad of his thumb. “Please,” he begged softly. “You know I need you on this. Without you, I have no strength.”
Is it possible to melt into a puddle of tears? Because I think I did.

The night before Zod’s ship announced itself, she had had a strange dream involving aliens trying to carve her heart out with sporks. She had woken up screaming that she didn’t know how to make Flame Beast Pâté, and it had taken Clark a good ten minutes to calm her down.
<insert odd sputtering-sob-laugh> You really delight in throwing my emotions around like this, don't you? You're very good at it.

Then he gave her the biggest, happiest smile she had ever seen on anyone before he pulled her into a warm embrace.

He pulled back and was suddenly unsure what to do with his hands. They fluttered from her face to her arms and then down to her stomach. “Are you sure? Really? For real?”

Lois laughed before nodding. “Yep, pretty sure. So you’d better get my husband home safely, big guy.”

He pulled her in again, but this time it was for a kiss that left her knees weak and toes curling.

“I’ll have him back in time for dinner.”
Such a heart warming, sweet little interaction marred so deeply by the knowledge that he wont be home for dinner.

I’m so sorry, Lois. He thought suddenly, as the world came rushing towards them. I’m not coming home for dinner.
Oh, god! whinging

She struggled against the photographer, screaming. “Clark! Let me go I've got to get to him! I have to make sure he’s all ri- CLARK!” She couldn’t move then and could only slide to the ground.

It was over.

Done.

She screamed herself hoarse into Jimmy’s shirt, who didn’t bother with empty platitudes.
I'm beyond words. mecry

“Tell me Daddy’s story.”
This whole thing is so painfully beautiful. I'm sure I'm going to be randomly thinking of this and tearing up at very inopportune times for a long while. I think you owe me a box or two of Kleenex.

Amazing job.
Jessi

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller