As I tried to infer, the Lois who is the main character is our Lois. That's why I said at the beginning that this story happens in the timeline of the series. This Tempus (or Temper) was an alternate Tempus from yet another universe who tampered with a parallel universe to hers, and tried to tamper with hers as well, but was caught by the time police of his own universe. This leaves the Tempus of Lois's universe to come back with Wells and cause all the trouble we saw in the second, third and fourth seasons.

The universe where Temper took her was another alternate world that we had never seen before, but which will now have a unique variation of Lois and Clark's history all its own.

I've been asked by a number of persons (you know who you are) to do a sequel to this story, exploring the other universe where Lois Luthor has just been shown the truth about Clark and told that the future of her universe depends on the "famous Lane/Kent romance". Obviously, Mortie, the time cop, used his memory device on our Lois, convincing her that it was all a dream, but even she isn't completely sure of that. He couldn't do it to the Clark and Lois of the other world, so that should lead to interesting complications of its own.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.