I really lliked this part, Rac. smile So many lovely glimpses into your characters' personalities.

I still keep seeing Talan as kind of a female Spock, and so it's touching whenever we see the small signs of her emotional awakening - this time a tentative awareness of her friendship with Clark.

(btw, am wondering if there should be a paragraph bewteen these two sentences becasue of the shifting POV. Hope you don't mind this observation, but it through me for a bit when I was reading.
It was like the burden of his grief was forgotten, even if only for a moment. She'd thought his personality magnetic as a leader;
So good to see Clark, too, regaining his strength - his humour. His chats with Talan are so 'normal', the stuff that people talk with their friends about - what they've done before they got to this place. smile But Talan's nightmare - she's on the brink of exploding. And Clark too is not quite out of his darkness yet - hopefully Zara is helping him in that respect. We see here how well she senses his demons.

What a spot to leave Talan in!

Interesting that Clark has two women who perhaps love him, alhough in different ways, and are so emotionally supportive of hiim - what Terry called 'hotties' laugh So how about a couple of hotties for Lois who are parallel characters to Zara and Talon?? Not just the middle-aged parental substitutes she's got (and I'm not denigrating M, J , and Perry here! smile ) and well, uh, Jimmy laugh Just asking. smile

But, more seriously, what I am liking is how you're writing about women and men's relationships - the love of marriage (and sort of marriage), the love of friendship, the love of kin - such a tapestry, and so what real life relationships are. smile

But ... time to get L and C back together again.

c.