Ah, Dandello. First off, welcome to the boards!! It's always great to have new writers! goofy ), are a bad idea. The quantity you'd need to consume is ridiculously huge, and you'd probably just end up vomiting. And when you're taking pains to kill yourself this way, the last thing you want is to expell everything. (I'll admit I don't have a vast knowledge of all anti-depressants and their intake limits, but this is what I know in general.)

Now, I wonder what Clark's plan was exactly (because, yes, I'm morbid devil ). Kryptonite and drinking bitty shards of Kryptonite - good plan. Works the inside and outside. wink That makes me wonder why he even bothered with the pills, though. How could he know if they'd even have any effect or the right effect? Perhaps for appearance's sake, so as to keep up what may be left of the Clark Kent persona? (Or would he even care?)

I am a bit concerned that Clark obviously planned for his parents to find him like this. Actually, I think that is a bit out of character, even given his depressed state and suicide plans. Not sure what to suggest there. frown

Finally, to answer the initial question: I think you've set up a fairly plausible suicide here for Superman. The reason is key. It's not just that he was too slow to save her or at a natural disaster when someone shot her - it's that he killed her. I really don't think he'd ever forgive himself for that. I would have liked to see a little more of this reason earlier on, but it did give me a gasp and a WHAM as it is. laugh

I hope you don't mind the detailed feedback like this, but I do think a story like this deserves attention. I'll look forward to reading more of your work in the future - deathfic or not. wink

And don't forget to submit your stories to the Fanfic Archive !

Sara (who's hoping people don't think her too... odd for the detailed analysis of such a dark issue blush )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.