CJ raised his eyebrows, filing away the backhanded compliment. Luthor thought he was troublesome, did he?
Hoo-boy, Luthor, you ain't seen "trouble" yet!

"Luthor's women all remain loyal to him for months – sometimes years – after he's thrown them aside. He treats them like trash, but it just makes them even more determined to prove themselves to him."
I never thought of it quite like that... but yeah, that's the pattern we saw on the show... Huh. They're probably just too aware of how vengeful Luthor could be if they weren't loyal...

She eyed the telephone, wondering whether it would be inappropriate to call CJ at three a.m.. True, it was an antisocial hour, but she didn't think that CJ would want to wait any longer than absolutely necessary to hear her news.
CJ eyed the phone, wondering whether it would be inappropriate to call Lois at three in the morning. True, it was an anti-social hour, but he didn't think that Lois would want to wait to hear about Tierney.
Love this echoing <g> And then they both get busy signals? goofy laugh

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K