Brilliant story, ML.

I read this in its entirety on the archive, but discovered the comment folder here and wanted to say how much I enjoyed your story. I love the way you weave your plots, leaving us red herrings to throw us off, yet when the truth comes out, it's obvious that the signs were there all along. You tied up all the loose ends, too. All the guns got fired. It's perfect.

Loved that Lois got pregnant, LOL. Loved how you actually told us that without saying it.

I guessed that Lois ended up jumping to 1999 because that was her real time. But I also thought that Clark followed her into the future. When Lois had decided to stay with Clark in 1999 and all the future people had left, I was left thinking that the disappearance of Superman and the mysterious black van were all that left to be explained -- and you explained it beautifully. What I love is that it was actually foreshadowed (is that a word?) with the presence of the black van way back near the start of the story.

By the way, I like that Scar--I mean, Schultz got a happy ending in this one laugh

Hope you're working on your next story wink I've read all of yours on the archive and am going through withdrawal now.

-- Jude

"Some prices are just too high, no matter how much you may want the prize. The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
--Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory", 1996