So pleased to see this installemnt, Rac. smile

This has been such an intense story - and here again we see Lois striving to do the best she can as she faces enormous challenges. I liked how you've woven incidents that parallel RL issues into her story. In her own way, Lois has become a warrior like Talan.

And Clark enduring, holding his love for Lois and striving too to overcome the horror he's experienced. He's the other side of those incidents that Lois is fighting.

Talan is an extraordinary character - compassionate and yet fighting her own demons.

Talan stepped under the cold stream of water and closed her eyes. She’d dreamt of killing because someone she cared about had been killed. What frightened her most was that she did not know whether the feelings and reactions were limited to dreams.
So will Talon act on her dreams? Will she kill?

I didn't get the the idea at all, as Terry did, that Lois and Clark are drifting apart and that Clark is tempted by another woman. I do hope that's not where you're going with this story.

The writing - as always so strong. The use of small detail that gives us such a strong sense of place.
She swooped low as she approached, snapping branches as she cut through the thicket of trees and heavy brush.
& this description of Clark :
Even though they weren’t real, describing the nightmares was the hardest. They hollowed him out, leaving him empty and broken.
Time to get Lois and Clark back togther. smile

c.