Kae, I am SO sorry for not replying sooner. I began something or other in part 1... and then ran off with a bad excuse, kind of like SOMEONE we all know and love razz

Okay, I know, I'm gushing. But... well this is long overdue!!!! And... okay, this is the part where I say you're brilliant. I know... but... YOU ARE!!! I mean, LOOK:
if anything, their first time together had reinforced her reservations about their marriage.

She sat on the bed with a sigh, her fingers absently playing with the silken spread.
This is *amazing*! First of all, it breaks my heart. Breaks it in two, I tell you! (And I was only just getting happy!) This is the loneliest image ever, it has to be... and I just love this picture of her, touching the silk... the one thing that really represents Lex Luthor and her whole wedding day. Wealth. Luxury. Money. But she's beyond lonely. Incredibly unhappy. And living with the consequences of her actions, realizing everything a bit too late (or it seems to late, but I know it's not because you're going to put her and Clark together because that is the nice thing to do!) wink ... this lonely image is just so beautiful written, though. It hits so hard, brings home for me what she's done here. And my heart breaks for her. She got in over her head... great job showing it with just one snapshot, one image that says none of that straighout, and manages to say all of it, plus so much more thumbsup

And I love that she realizes how he views women... and her, at that...
Maybe his previous conquests had enjoyed being covered in expensive jewellery and designer clothing, maybe they had been thrilled by trips to Venice and London in private jets, five-star hotels and worldwide famous restaurants.
A conquest. I love that she thinks like that. You are doing so much here in this part, showing a growing awareness in Lois of what Lex is really all about, and a growing possessiveness, I'm sensing, in Lex as well. I can't help but think this is all building to... OMG you have to post more!!!!!!! SOOON!!!!!!! I need to see what it's all building to! hyper

Okay, ONE more, I promise....

The possibility that Lois might start investigating her own husband filled him with dread. He couldn’t ask for her help. Not only would it infuriate her that he still didn’t trust Lex, but if she actually took his opinion of her husband seriously, she wouldn’t hesitate to put herself in danger.
I just love this, that Clark is faced with even just the idea of Lois realizing the true nature of Lex, something he's wanted for such a long time, and he's just overwhelmed with fear for her, for what that could lead to and mean for her. That's so perfectly in character, and I'm wondering if he'll keep her out of everything just to keep her safe. That would *really* upset Lois, I'm sure, but it would just make perfect sense. I cannot wait to see what happens, what he or she or THEY will uncover and what kind of danger (and lovey-dovey situation wink ) might ensue!!! blush

I'm on the edge of my seat. So... POST! Please????

~Nicole smile

... omg.... I just saw how long this is... I... okay, I'm hitting "add reply" and then running off to change my name for my own dignity!!! (I'm not a stalker, I swear! No, don't listen to Sara. She doesn't know what's she's talking about!!!!)