There is so much happening here!

Lois stood up, needing the upper ground on this one. “To be with you, Clark! We’ve been forced to stay apart while we were teens, but we are both adults now and we can be together. I don’t want to wait anymore. I want to get married and spend the summer travelling the world, Superman Express, and then go to Midwestern with you.”

At first I thought they had gotten married, but actually its high school graduation. Now they are talking, yes, if they marry at eighteen it would create a HUGE ripple in the timeline. We won't even go into the adventures Lois and Clark must/should experience solo. Clark needs to have time to travel the world on his own and Lois must experience her life as it is meant to be --- in Metropolis. Seems to me she is jumping into the pool without checking the water level!

Clark pressed his lips to hers in a brief kiss. “You always take my breath away.” He smiled and then sobered. “But you are different. Not in a bad way just… time changes people. Everything we went through when we were partners at the Planet, everything we’ve had to deal with in the last eight years… I mean, reliving our childhoods but with the hindsight of having already grown up once before – I know I’m not the same person I was when I was nineteen the first time around.”

This is an interesting point; they are BOTH different because they brought nearly twenty plus years of life experience to their childhood selves. They are in effect much, much older than eighteen.

Clark shrugged. “Guess I just haven’t used it much around them.” He smiled sadly. “I’m not as close to them as I was before. I turn to you when I have a problem or something to celebrate or just want to chat and I think you do the same.”

Ouch! shock That is down right tragic! Clark needs that closeness with his parents. It is a big part of who he is.

“No, No.” Lois shook her head frantically and blinked back the tears that were threatening. “Don’t do this to me again, Clark Kent. Don’t you dare break up with me because of some misconceived idea in your head of it being for my own good.”

“Lois, no. I’m not. I won’t. I won’t stay away unless we both agree.”

“Well, I don’t agree, so let’s just drop it.”

“Lois.” He caught her hand in his own. “Please, just think about what I’ve said.”

Lois, he's right. Being this dependent ... this clingy, is most definitely not you. Time to grow up. Again.

She shook her head and shut her eyes against her tears. He was right. She had changed. She wasn’t thinking straight. She was seriously considering options that could destroy her career before it ever got started. She didn’t even know who she was anymore. But she didn’t know what was more terrifying – realizing that she had lost herself or knowing that she could only find herself again if they did what Clark was suggesting.

So very glad they came to the right conclusion.

Bravo for taking on these challenges!

Last edited by Morgana; 03/16/24 01:44 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.