Hi Toomi!
As I approach the small cabin, I hear Lois’ heartbeat, so I know she’s safe and inside, just as I left her an hour ago with a lame excuse to cover my hopefully brief absence.
But will it be safe to enter?

“How’s the septic system?” She asks while focusing on the fire.
I think she might know.

I wonder if I’ve left the door open as it has suddenly become a little frosty in the tiny cabin.
laugh

. I spot the rolled up papers in the fire and stare at her in shock.

Her eyes are cold.
He might be knee deep in the aforementioned septic tank.

She knows. And she’s angry.
Oh, look! It suddenly rose up to his waist.

I’m quick, but I feel like I’m wading through sand instead of moving at super-speed as I blow gently on the fire, encasing it with ice. I hope I haven’t misread Lois, as she’s turned pale, saying nothing.
That would be an embarrassing revelation.

She walks through the ankle-deep snow, using the footprints I left behind when I’d made my feeble excuse. I can see where my footprints end, just beyond the little cabin, and where hers continue for a few steps longer.
Oops?

“When am I going to be good enough for you?” Those softly spoken words are a punch to the gut.
Umm… Lois?

“How long have you known?” I try to bide my time.

“Known, known? About five minutes.”
laugh

When she’s being more stubborn than usual, she sets her jaw and her chin tilts up a bit, just as it is now. I find it adorable, but there’s an excellent chance she isn’t in the mood to hear that from me… yet.
They’re both adorable!

I see her shoulders relax, and know I’ve avoided a nuclear-sized Lois Lane meltdown, for now.
Booom!

My dearest friend knows my secret, and we’re still able to joke around with each other. Maybe someday soon I’ll be able to share how I really feel about her.
Wouldn’t it be embarrassing if they started dating Mayson and Call-Me-Daniel next?

That was an unexpected revelation clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.